How to start?
Just run this command:
npm init react-app my-app --template rmw
What is this?
Why should I use it?
Check this out:
- It is built with CRA and even if you use this Starter Kit your CRA scripts will work properly. You will be able to make every CRA update as if you have started with it. We don't eject anyone from CRA 😄.
- It is based on our rmw-shell library which keeps your project up to date when we make bugfixes or add new features. It is like a
shellfor your project where the hard work is already done for you.
- There is a simple script to start a fresh project without forking anything
npx create-react-app test-app --scripts-version rmw-react-scripts.
- It has all "MOST WANTED" features built in. That is where the name comes from 😉 We will come to the features bit a little bit later.
- It is customizable.
- It uses Firebase 😄.
- It is a Best Practice Project PWA (Progressive Web Application).
- You will love it once you start using it 😄.
What are those "Most Wanted" features?
Let's take a look at some of them:
- Material UI
- Code splitting
- Redux implementation
- Firebase to Redux sync
- Push notifications UI integration
- Built-in CI (Continuous Integration)
- Built-in CD (Continuous Deployment)
- Realtime forms (isn't that awesome 😄 )
- ... and a lot more I just can't remember
Is there more in depth information about this project?
The information you are seeking is scattered over some Medium articles written by me at the time I was working on solving some problems in this project. So they should explain some core parts in detail:.
- Beyond create-react-app
- Organising your Firebase Cloud Functions
- Firekit concepts to sync Firebase and Redux
- Firebase and react Continuous Deployment
- Redux simple values
- React Most Wanted
How can I make it MY project?
We have you covered. Here is a Codelab that will walk you trough the whole process of creating a new project and deploying it.
I have a problem. Where to ask?
I like this. Can I help somehow?
YEEEEEEES 😄 Everyone is welcome to send PRs and if you don't know where to start just write to me on twitter. There is always some work to do.
And if you don't have time to code with us show some 💙 and give this project a ⭐ and tell the 🌍 about it.